Joins Students to Take OLYMPIA on Tuesday March 6th at 10:15am to help our final push for the School and Community Safety Bill [SB-6620].
Students have been taking the lead on the gun violence prevention movemnet across the country and we are calling on every student in Washington to join us in Olympia for a final rally on our priority piece of legislation that could prevent school shootings.
This policy, known as School and Community Safety Bill, has become the consensus position across the nation. Republicans and Democrats across the nation, at every level of government, are advancing legislation to raise the age to purchase semi-automatic rifles from 18 years of age to 21 years of age. Washington State has the chance to become to first state in the nation to pass such legislation.
- Raise the age limit to purchase semi-automatic rifles from 18-years-old to 21-years-old
- Strengthen our law so that is is no longer easier to puchase a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun than it is to purchase a handgun.
- Create the Students Protecting Students program to provide an anonymous, effective method of making authorities aware of threats.
- Fund education for students on how to report threats, as well as efforts by the Office of Superintendent of Public Intstruction to expedite law enforcemnt response to lockdowns or threats.
- Support law enforcement with grant funding to conduct local law enforcemnt checks on semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, just as they do on handguns today.
Sign-up now to join us at 10:30am next Tuesday March 6th in Olympia, and an organizer will be in touch with more information →→